Sign in to follow this  
Lucas.

DRUMMERS!

in my experience they can sound completely different, I tried and played about 15 sets of A customs hats in the store before I found the ones I wanted. Zildjian are pretty well know for being all over the shop, they all still sound like A hats but some have crappy undertones and what not.

The Virgil clinic was mental. I found a nice crash after sussing a few shops. There were was only 1 ufip cymbal at Haworth music store, the other 100 were zildian/sabian/paiste... it was the best cymbal in the store. /ufip wank

New crash 2.JPG

OMnomnom

It's a 17". I'm not gonna buy anymore thick crashes, letalone 16"... my very thin 2nd hand 18" crash has outlived 2 brand new 16" crashes so I'm taking a hint.

This is my old one. It's predecessor broke the same way.. it now lives in a stack with my old cracked china.

Old crash.JPG

It still sounds fine but I dunno how to stop the crack growing... does it have to be cut out or can I just get it drilled at the edges of the crack?

ah is it just me or is it hard to set your kit up how u like....?

i had it perfect for ages and then my brother moved back home so it was packed up. i cant get it back to how i liked it :/

ah good thought it was just me. just pulled it all apart and it starts again!

btw how do you guys have your kits set?

like fig a 2 toms up top?

Drums_position_setup.jpg

Or fig B two toms on the floor?

live-drum-setupchart%20copy.gif

Fig b is pretty much my setup. love the easier access to the ride. and instead of b being a tom its a splash, handy as.

If you do alot of rock/metal tom rolls then you would go with figure A otherwise it doesn't matter all that much IMO. I prefer having more rack toms 'cos your left hand has access to more than 1 tom and therefore more notes.. whenever I've played kits with 2 floor toms I've only ever used the lowest one when I was hitting both floor toms together for a tribal/toolish type thing.

I play one up, two down. It's just preference. I used to play two up, but changed when I got another large floor tom.

Imo it doesn't affect my rolls or fills, it's just different.

26072007497.jpg

yeah im same as ed, except i have my ride alot lower. prefrence i guess.

i tried putting it back the other way but wasnt a fan.

If you're going to ride it (like you would with a hi-hat/ride/stack) then I think a china belongs above the floor tom or somewhere on your right hand side without having to raise your arm.

I've got my old stack back on my kit (above the floor tom) so I've moved the new china to the center (above rack toms) and it doesn't really get used at all. Dunno what brand/type you should get but IMO big thick chinas are shit, you don't really get any tone from them unless you're thrashing them.

Maybe check out those Sabian Ozone crashes. They sound really good. I just dunno if they're very strong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ay2rJQ1e1c&feature=related

im looking for hobby drummer to jam around and play as band for fun.

bass and first guitar is also welcome~!!!

My B8's are awesome. The 16" crash is f**ked and I replaced it with another Sabian 16". But the hats and ride are still going awesome.

I have my ride sorta higher up and tilted to face me as I crash ride it as much as I ride it with the tip of the stick.

Probably 'cos it's such a thick crash. My mate broke at least 2 of those back in high school but then he always hit everything too hard.

Anyone got any goals/plans this year with their drumming?

I've switched back to normal grip and I've really been trying to get my left hand to work well, it's paying off slowly but I really want to be able to rip with the double strokes and rudiments by the end of the year. I'll probably have to move back to the city for work sooner or later so I just want to be able to keep practicing regularly more than anything.

damn you guys must really play hard if you cracked some b8 sabians. i had a set a while back and those things are heavy as fek!

been playing with meinl classics for a while and they are alot thinner and never had any cracks or any type of damage. just need to polish them up.

haha!

oh also...how often do you guys go through drum sticks? i know you gotta mangle the sticks at some point but i don't know if my playing style changed or whatever but damn my floor is getting covered with drum stick chippings. looks like i've been tryna saw a tree in my room.

I've only ever snapped one set of drum sticks but I do have alot of shavings

I'll get a new pair of sticks when the tips have been chipped and they're too square to play with (bouncing off in random directions and shite), I've prob only broken 2 or 3 in 13 years, never been a hard hitter.

Check out Aaron Gillespie, I'm sure he goes through a few pairs every show.

Nah Vic Firth american classic all the way.

Promark 5B. Like playing with a log :lol: I used to break sticks heaps, then I got good :P

Few pics from show on the weekend just gone. I REALLY wanted to use my acoustic kit, but the stage was too small, so I brought my electro out for a raz. Was alright, but I still don't like it for gigs.

166456_492926623786_663993786_6384620_6201777_n.jpg

165620_492926883786_663993786_6384628_8111808_n.jpg

I am just getting back into drumming, never had any lessons but thought its about time I actually use the thing that is taking up half my bedroom for the last 5 years. Bought some new drum heads during the christmas sales at allan's.

Get this DVD levizzle, one of the most helpful dvds I've seen.

6f7021dc2d.jpg

Edd how can u use those massive 5b's lol. I thought you might have been a bit of a jazz player. I use Greg Bisonette model vic firths, they're 5A's but they're kinda chunky.

Get this DVD levizzle, one of the most helpful dvds I've seen.

6f7021dc2d.jpg

Edd how can u use those massive 5b's lol. I thought you might have been a bit of a jazz player. I use Greg Bisonette model vic firths, they're 5A's but they're kinda chunky.

Thanks for the sugestion, I'll look into that

Whatup drummers?

I'm living in the city again and practicing is a bit of a bitch but I'm trying to keep it up. Just a heads up for anyone bored with their snare: Ludwig Black Magic snares are the bomb and amazingly cheap on ebay. I'm gonna buy one eventually.

14x8, 13x7 etc

ludwig_snare_LW0814_8x14_blackmagic_1.jpg

gah was jamming with some mates the other day, f**king hand.... couldnt play for more then half hour before it cramped up so bad.... dry.gif So sick of it... have to like very lightly hold the stick without using my thumb.